Hogwarts Haven
Hurry, the trains about to leave!
Hogwarts Haven
Hurry, the trains about to leave!
Hogwarts Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Hogwarts roleplay that takes place in three time zones. The days of the first great wizard war, the second, and a new era where a new Dark Lord has risen to take their stance beside the late Volemort.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 23 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:50 am
Latest topics
» Guestbook
The Leaky Cauldron [Pub] Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 12:20 am by nimakasm145

» Party Gathering
The Leaky Cauldron [Pub] Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 11:48 am by Captivated

» Ash Hallow's Den
The Leaky Cauldron [Pub] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 5:13 pm by Captivated

» Room Sign In Sheet
The Leaky Cauldron [Pub] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 5:08 pm by Captivated

» Madagascar
The Leaky Cauldron [Pub] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 5:00 pm by VictorianValkyrie

» Room 255 (Valhalla and Bastion)
The Leaky Cauldron [Pub] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 4:36 pm by VictorianValkyrie

» Study of Ancient Runes
The Leaky Cauldron [Pub] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 5:39 pm by VictorianValkyrie

The Leaky Cauldron [Pub] Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 11:11 am by Captivated

» Three Broomsticks [Pub]
The Leaky Cauldron [Pub] Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 10:47 am by VictorianValkyrie

Top posters
VictorianValkyrie
The Leaky Cauldron [Pub] Vote_lcapThe Leaky Cauldron [Pub] Voting_barThe Leaky Cauldron [Pub] Vote_rcap 
Captivated
The Leaky Cauldron [Pub] Vote_lcapThe Leaky Cauldron [Pub] Voting_barThe Leaky Cauldron [Pub] Vote_rcap 
epsilon18b
-NIC
magicwitch12
beautifully.empty
HogwartsGirl
furby1311
nimakasm145

The Leaky Cauldron [Pub]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
VictorianValkyrie
Dark Lord
VictorianValkyrie

The Leaky Cauldron [Pub] Empty
PostSubject: The Leaky Cauldron [Pub]   The Leaky Cauldron [Pub] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 4:09 pm

The Leaky Cauldron is a popular Wizarding pub in London. It is the entrance to Diagon Alley, and, indirectly Knockturn Alley. For much of the end of the 20th Century, Tom was the landlord. At some point, Hannah Abbott became the landlady, moving in with her husband, Neville Longbottom. It was built by Daisy Dodderidge, who was the first landlady. The Leaky Cauldron was built in 1500. She says it is, "to serve as a gateway between the non-wizarding world and Diagon Alley." It rents rooms, has a bar, several private parlour rooms, and a large dining room. To Muggles, the pub appears to be a broken-down old shop front on Charing Cross Road. The rear of the pub, however, opens up onto a chilly courtyard and the entrance to Diagon Alley. To gain access, a witch or wizard taps the bricks in the wall in a counter-clockwise order. A doorway to Diagon Alley then forms which then re-arranges back to the original wall after the person(s) walk through.
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartshaven.rpg-board.net
VictorianValkyrie
Dark Lord
VictorianValkyrie

PostSubject: Re: The Leaky Cauldron [Pub]   The Leaky Cauldron [Pub] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 7:23 pm

Lysander sat back against the wall and sighed, his head hitting the cracking paint over and over. A few flakes got in his hair and he brushed them off. "I'm an idiot, lets just go back to the school." He murmured as he thought about why they were there. He was totally rushing things. This wasn't right, he shouldn't be buying a...a...a bloody engagement ring!

"Oh shut your buggened mouth! You love her don't you? Go on then, I'll be gone soon-"

"And I might follow suit! That isn't fair to her!"

"Don't be so stuck up." He was about to continue when their friend Scorpius walked in. Lorcan had told him to meet them without telling Lysander. "Oy Scorpie! Get 'ver 'ere!" When Scorpius came over he pat the boy's shoulder and motioned to his twin. "Look at him, we need to fix this. Want to help a bit?" He knew Scorpius didn't know what was going on yet but he would explain that later.
Back to top Go down
Captivated
Headmistress
Captivated

PostSubject: Re: The Leaky Cauldron [Pub]   The Leaky Cauldron [Pub] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 7:55 pm

"What are we fixing?" Scorpius asked, sitting down. He was always ready to help or join in on something when it involved his two best friends. Everyone but them, and of course Iris, had to fight to get him to want to be a part of something. He had ordered a drink as he passed waitress and the drink came zooming into his hand as he looked around. He took a swig and waited, wondering what was going on.
Back to top Go down
VictorianValkyrie
Dark Lord
VictorianValkyrie

PostSubject: Re: The Leaky Cauldron [Pub]   The Leaky Cauldron [Pub] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 7:59 pm

Lysander gave a worried, warning look at his brother but it was too late. he secret would be out now and he'd feel more the fool. This was bad, he knew Scorpius had wanted Rose, if he still did it wasn't known but still...there were things wrong here. It just wasn't right to tell him.

"My twinie here is- Hello saber!" The little tiger jumped up on Lysanders lap and then on the table, flicking his tail around and mewing. Lorcan pet the beast before looking at Scorpius. "Anyway, Lysander is shopping for a gift, or he's suppose to, but he feels stupid for it. See he's after an engagement ring." Lorcan grinned at his friend, taking his own drink and downing it.
Back to top Go down
Captivated
Headmistress
Captivated

PostSubject: Re: The Leaky Cauldron [Pub]   The Leaky Cauldron [Pub] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 8:15 pm

Scorpius was a little shocked, but he grinned wildly at Lysander. "Already, huh? You dog," he joked, nudging Lysander. "I'm joking, mate. I think it's a great idea." He truly thought so, the past few months with Iris had been wonderful, his mother liked her, his father liked her, she liked them... he had fun with her, she was beautiful but hid it from the world, which made him care for her even more. Her beauty was shared during special moments, such as the ball, and when the two were alone sometimes. "I don't underastand the problem, what's the problem??" he asked, very unsure. "Why the stupid feeling, Scamander! C'mon now, she's absolutely bonkers for you and you can't keep your eyes of her. Just do it, she'll accept and you know she will!" he finished his own drink, slamming the cup on the table happily.
Back to top Go down
VictorianValkyrie
Dark Lord
VictorianValkyrie

PostSubject: Re: The Leaky Cauldron [Pub]   The Leaky Cauldron [Pub] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 8:21 pm

Lorcan slammed his mug down to echo his. "Yes see! Thank you my man! Come on Lysander! If Scorpius can give you blessings then you can bloody go for it!"

Lysander had his face in his hand, trying to act like this wasn't happening. Wasn't working very well. He picked up Saber and put the cub in his lap again. "This is moving to quickly...and I don't want to put her in a painful spot later on..."

"But life is painful! We know this well, stop being so serious and learn to follow your instincts for once you bloody..." Lorcan gave his brother a sad smile, punching his shoulder lightly.
Back to top Go down
Captivated
Headmistress
Captivated

PostSubject: Re: The Leaky Cauldron [Pub]   The Leaky Cauldron [Pub] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 8:36 pm

Scorpius grinned. "C'mon Lysander. Lemme ask you somethin', mate, seriously." He glared at Lorcan for the look he got. "If she told you tomorrow that she was leaving London altogether and leaving you in the process, would you wish you never started anything with her? Or would you be thankful for having her when you did?" After giving Lysander a minute to think he continued on. "Lysander, she loves you, it's so obvious it isn't even funny. Kind of gross to watch the two of you sometimes, but anyway" he continued, waving it away, "if you love her, that's the ultimate way to show her. If she loves you the same she'll say yes. Quit being a pussy and do it, damnit!" he told his friend firmly, wishing he had more to drink and slam around for dramatic affect.
Back to top Go down
VictorianValkyrie
Dark Lord
VictorianValkyrie

PostSubject: Re: The Leaky Cauldron [Pub]   The Leaky Cauldron [Pub] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 8:41 pm

Silence for a moment. Then Lysander cracked a grin under the hand covering his face. It fell, his eyes hidden by his now longer hair, and he shook his head. "Sickening to see us? Have you seen Lorcan and Lianna?" Lysander started to laugh and leaned forward, snapping his fingers in the air. A maid walked over, smiled at both the twins and then finally Scorpius, before filling the drinks again. "Fine you two win, but Scorpius, mate, help me bloody pick one. I suck at this!"

"This coming from the guy who buys the perfect thing for everyone. He can't bloody- hey don't bring Queenie into this now!" He yelled with a booming laugh.
Back to top Go down
Captivated
Headmistress
Captivated

PostSubject: Re: The Leaky Cauldron [Pub]   The Leaky Cauldron [Pub] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 8:53 pm

Scorpius joked with his friend, smirking as he spoke. "Now let me get this straight... You steal a girl right out from under me, get her to fall madly in love with you, and you want me to help you pick the ring!?" He then laughed evilly, stook a large swig, and slammed his half full mug down, butterbeer sloshing onto the table. Sbaer quickly jumped up to have a taste. "I love it, let's go," he said, standing. He tilted his mug or the tiger cub to finish drinking before setting it down and dragging the two out of the shop. As he did he turned to them "You're right, Lianna and you are so much more disgusting... speaking of," he stopped walking, eyeing his other best mate. "When are you going to pull this on your Queenie" he said, drawing out his nickname for her a little, grinning.
Back to top Go down
VictorianValkyrie
Dark Lord
VictorianValkyrie

PostSubject: Re: The Leaky Cauldron [Pub]   The Leaky Cauldron [Pub] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 8:58 pm

Lorcan frowned a bit as they started to leave. "I'm not. He has longer than I do mate. I'll be dead before I have the chance to make Lianna my bride." He was being serious, something he rarely did, and ran his hand through his hair. The cub pawed at his pants and he picked it up, smiling at it. "Which is why I want my girl stealing brother to get the girl before I kick it. If I can't be there for the wedding I want to know its going to happen!" He knew Scorpius knew about the disease. They all did now. Lysander and Lorcan didn't hide it from the other any more.

Lysander pat Lorcan's shoulder. "We'll find a way to keep you alive."

"How? our only hope has been missing since the ball."

"Praxis has gone missing before. Maybe she'll come back with a cure. You know, no matter what she said, she always keeps an eye out. If not her then maybe Professor Livas." He shrugged as the trio left the pub and went into a old store known for beautiful jewelry not far away.
Back to top Go down
Captivated
Headmistress
Captivated

PostSubject: Re: The Leaky Cauldron [Pub]   The Leaky Cauldron [Pub] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 9:42 pm

Scorpius didn't like talking about Lorcan's disease, unable to imagine life without his best mate. "A-anyway, let's see what there is... Alright Lysander, first of all, what are you looking for, general style... We'll find something good," He was already looking about, waiting for Lysander's choices.
Back to top Go down
VictorianValkyrie
Dark Lord
VictorianValkyrie

PostSubject: Re: The Leaky Cauldron [Pub]   The Leaky Cauldron [Pub] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 9:47 pm

Lorcan left them alone to look around as he did himself. The thought about asking Lianna crossed his mind and he sighed slightly. Ignoring it, he just kept looking for a ring for Rose.

"Old style really...gold band, pink gems..." He just realized how much thought he put into this. "Okay so maybe this wont be as hard as I thought." He mumbled as he looked around with a shrug.
Back to top Go down
Captivated
Headmistress
Captivated

PostSubject: Re: The Leaky Cauldron [Pub]   The Leaky Cauldron [Pub] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 10:05 pm

"that's good, I can still be along or the ride," Scorpius said lightly, looking around. "You know what would be great," he said, peering through the glass she he looked over multiple rings. He then stood straight to turn and look where he could see both the twins even though they were in separate places. "I you two asked them together, or even just the same day. That'd be amazingly..." he shrugged, not knowing exactly what it would be. "Well, it would be cool anyway," he finished, bending to look through the glass again.
Back to top Go down
VictorianValkyrie
Dark Lord
VictorianValkyrie

PostSubject: Re: The Leaky Cauldron [Pub]   The Leaky Cauldron [Pub] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 10:13 pm

Lorcan had his back to both his brother and Scorpius as he was handing a bag of gold at the shop owner in secret, making sure the other two didn't notice as he put a small box in his pocket. "What are you talking about? I'm not putting Lianna through that. You ask Iris the same day he asks Rose, how bout that for your duo?" He joked with a smirk at the look on Scorpius' face.

Lysander laughed at Lorcan and Scorpius. Just as he went to look at the two he nearly skipped the perfect ring. "That one..." he mumbled as he called the shop owner over and pointed at the ring. Examining it, he grinned. "Yeah...this one would work. Scorpius what do you think?" He showed the ring, gold with a band of hearts, and a bright pink stone.

Back to top Go down
Captivated
Headmistress
Captivated

PostSubject: Re: The Leaky Cauldron [Pub]   The Leaky Cauldron [Pub] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 10:20 pm

Scorpius made a frightened facial expression and shook his head violently. "No no, I've plenty of time for that," he said. "I'm not dying, she won't say yes, even if she does love me!" Scorpius exclaimed, afraid of the very idea! Happy about the change of subject he went to Lysander and snorted a little. "Mate, I think you sicken me," he said with a smile, placing his hand on his friend's shoulder. "And I also think she'll love it," he said seriously this time. "It's perfect. Lorcan, come see this."
Back to top Go down
VictorianValkyrie
Dark Lord
VictorianValkyrie

PostSubject: Re: The Leaky Cauldron [Pub]   The Leaky Cauldron [Pub] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 10:36 pm

Lorcan laughed violently, which led to a slight cough. He was right, Iris would never say yes. "Wait, she loves you?!" Of course that was the only part he heard. "Who the bloody hell would love you?" He joked before walking over. "I agree, sickening and awesome at the same time. She'll melt for it!"

Lysander laughed not only at Scorpius but at the whole scene before nodding and buying the ring. Sure it was girly as hell, but Rose was that kind of girl and he loved her either way. Damn he sounded like an idiot even in his head.
Back to top Go down
Captivated
Headmistress
Captivated

PostSubject: Re: The Leaky Cauldron [Pub]   The Leaky Cauldron [Pub] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 10:40 pm

Scorpius sighed a little. When Lysander went to purchase the ring he said quietly to the sickly twin. "I don't even know if she loves me yet... the most we say to each other is 'I like you,'" When he said this he made a mock girly voice. "A ring would be a horrible idea on my end." he said, reassuring himself more so than Lorcan now. "Alright, where to now then? Are you buying her flowers too, or just that?" He was curious, didn't most people present a bouquet? Merlin's beard, he had no idea how these things worked.
Back to top Go down
VictorianValkyrie
Dark Lord
VictorianValkyrie

PostSubject: Re: The Leaky Cauldron [Pub]   The Leaky Cauldron [Pub] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 10:54 pm

Lysander laughed. "And I'm old fashion?" He said glancing at his brother. "No this is it. I'm not doing it for a few days, after I meet her parents. If she pushes me enough I might ask her in front of them...either way I'm asking her dad if it's alright. Doubt he'll go for it." He laughed slightly and looked at the door. "Want to go back to the castle or just relax for a while?

"I pick relaxing!" He said with a smile as the trio left the store and Lorcan ran his finger over the box in his pocket.
Back to top Go down
Captivated
Headmistress
Captivated

PostSubject: Re: The Leaky Cauldron [Pub]   The Leaky Cauldron [Pub] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 11:41 pm

Scorpius gave the shop a final glance as they walked the street. "Where to do relaxing then?" he asked, all for that idea. He thought about what he'd said to Lorcan... it was true, Iris and he had only shared "I like you's", though he wanted to say more. he just didn't want to rush her or make her feel backed into a corner, so he stuck with the simple, "I like you."
Back to top Go down
VictorianValkyrie
Dark Lord
VictorianValkyrie

PostSubject: Re: The Leaky Cauldron [Pub]   The Leaky Cauldron [Pub] Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 12:06 am

Lorcan smirked at the look on Scorpius's face. "Mate tell her. If you love her go for it before time's to late! If she doesn't love you then she'll at least start to think about it."

"For once my brother has a point." Lysander smirked as they went back to the Leaky Cauldron and ordered more drinks. "I don't know what we should do mates, what do you think?"
Back to top Go down
Captivated
Headmistress
Captivated

PostSubject: Re: The Leaky Cauldron [Pub]   The Leaky Cauldron [Pub] Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 12:12 am

Scorpius didn't reply to the twins until they had settled into their relaxing. "I'll tell her..." he said quietly, as if trying to convince himself. He took swigs of his butterbeer as they sat and talked. "Maybe we should just get rid of the girls completely," he joked. "Then we'd be able to hang out more again." At this he chuckled. They were still able to henag out and he knew it, he was just being a pain in the ass.
Back to top Go down
VictorianValkyrie
Dark Lord
VictorianValkyrie

PostSubject: Re: The Leaky Cauldron [Pub]   The Leaky Cauldron [Pub] Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 12:55 am

Lorcan laughed and shook his head. "Queenie's the best medicine I got, better than seeing your sour puss. Go be a man! Stop being a wimp like your father." He smirked because even Scorpius knew that was true deep down.

"Besides, I stole her from you I'm not letting her go. If your not happy with Iris...well then go tell her goodbye."

"Either of you notice your both dating flowers? Roses and Irises are like well know flowers...thought i'd point that out" He said with a shrug as he drank his butterbeer*
Back to top Go down
Captivated
Headmistress
Captivated

PostSubject: Re: The Leaky Cauldron [Pub]   The Leaky Cauldron [Pub] Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 6:24 pm

Those words Lorcan uttered were a challenge to Scorpius. 'stop being a wimp like your father...' "I will," he said finally, finishing his drink and slamming his mug down again. "As soon as we get back to Hogwarts," he finished, waving his hand to the waitress for more. "I like flowers," he mumbled with a smile, giving Lysander a grin. "And I'm sure he does too, hence the ring. And hey did you realize you are dating someone as nutty as you..."
Back to top Go down
VictorianValkyrie
Dark Lord
VictorianValkyrie

PostSubject: Re: The Leaky Cauldron [Pub]   The Leaky Cauldron [Pub] Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 6:31 pm

"I think thats better for him than anything else." Lysander laughed as he finished his drink. Rubbing the back of his neck, he started coughing slightly and Lorcan looked at him, patting his back. He looked at the other two and then smirked. "So, when are we going back?"

"Good man good man! And I would hope! If queenie wasn't as crazed as me then I don't think I'd love her nearly as much as I do." He smiled and started coughing not long after Lysander. The tickle in his throat made him bend away from the table, hiding his mouth for a moment before turning back and smiling at the two.
Back to top Go down
Captivated
Headmistress
Captivated

PostSubject: Re: The Leaky Cauldron [Pub]   The Leaky Cauldron [Pub] Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 6:46 pm

Scorpius shrugged. He didn't want to go back just yet, he knew he souldn't have said anything. He was now ordering drinks just to stall. "Let's just have another drink first..." he said, lifting his hand to order. But no luck, he was yanked from his spot. "I hate you Lorcan," he grumbled as he was pulled from the pub.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Leaky Cauldron [Pub]   The Leaky Cauldron [Pub] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Leaky Cauldron [Pub]
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next