Hogwarts Haven
Hurry, the trains about to leave!
Hogwarts Haven
Hurry, the trains about to leave!
Hogwarts Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Hogwarts roleplay that takes place in three time zones. The days of the first great wizard war, the second, and a new era where a new Dark Lord has risen to take their stance beside the late Volemort.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 23 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:50 am
Latest topics
» Guestbook
Potions [Dungeons] Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 12:20 am by nimakasm145

» Party Gathering
Potions [Dungeons] Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 11:48 am by Captivated

» Ash Hallow's Den
Potions [Dungeons] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 5:13 pm by Captivated

» Room Sign In Sheet
Potions [Dungeons] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 5:08 pm by Captivated

» Madagascar
Potions [Dungeons] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 5:00 pm by VictorianValkyrie

» Room 255 (Valhalla and Bastion)
Potions [Dungeons] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 4:36 pm by VictorianValkyrie

» Study of Ancient Runes
Potions [Dungeons] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 5:39 pm by VictorianValkyrie

Potions [Dungeons] Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 11:11 am by Captivated

» Three Broomsticks [Pub]
Potions [Dungeons] Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 10:47 am by VictorianValkyrie

Top posters
VictorianValkyrie
Potions [Dungeons] Vote_lcapPotions [Dungeons] Voting_barPotions [Dungeons] Vote_rcap 
Captivated
Potions [Dungeons] Vote_lcapPotions [Dungeons] Voting_barPotions [Dungeons] Vote_rcap 
epsilon18b
-NIC
magicwitch12
beautifully.empty
HogwartsGirl
furby1311
nimakasm145

Potions [Dungeons]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Captivated
Headmistress
Captivated

Potions [Dungeons] Empty
PostSubject: Potions [Dungeons]   Potions [Dungeons] Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 3:33 pm

Potions is a subject taught at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. In this class, students learn how to brew potions, following specific recipes and using various magical ingredients to create their potions, starting with simple ones first and moving to more advanced ones as they progress in knowledge. A standard potions kit includes plant ingredients such as Belladonna and supplies such as glass phials and weighing scales. Potions lessons take place in the Hogwarts dungeons. Potions is a required subject for first year students. Around 1981, Severus Snape became the professor of Potions at the school. Potion recipes can be found in many books, including the books the students at Hogwarts use in their classes, but the intricacies of timing, ageing, stirring techniques, and bottling which are much more difficult to learn without the mentoring of the experienced masters. Certain ingredients can be found in the cupboard in the classroom, but others have to be bought before the year start at the apothecary. students have to achieve an "Outstanding" in their O.W.L. in order to take his advanced class. As Head of House, Professor Snape tends to favour students from Slytherin House more than other students, so Slytherins tend to do better than others at the subject.
Back to top Go down
Captivated
Headmistress
Captivated

Potions [Dungeons] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions [Dungeons]   Potions [Dungeons] Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 3:38 pm

Selena walked with the boys, happy and upbeat. She loved potions and never got a bad grade in the subject. It was in fact her favorite, and Snape was her favorite teacher. She entered the classroom just after Draco, taking a seat with Ron. She knew Snape would pair them all up anyway, so it didn't really matter who she sat with.

Harry was the second last to enter the classroom, Hermione at his heels. He sat with her somewhere near the back. He dreaded this class more so than any other, and the fact that it was two hours long was enough to depress him.

Hermione came in just behind Harry, sitting at the back with him. She prayed she got paired with someone other than Malfoy, but she dreaded the possibility. She sat quietly, opening her book and re-reading a chapter while she waited for class to begin. She refused to look around the room, and didn't notice a few people noticing her for once.
Back to top Go down
VictorianValkyrie
Dark Lord
VictorianValkyrie

Potions [Dungeons] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions [Dungeons]   Potions [Dungeons] Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 4:35 pm

Severus walked in, slamming the doors after the students and locking them so any late were left out. He walked to the front and looked around at them before calling out pairs. "Granger you are with Weasley. (Whatever Selena's last name is) with Potter." Malfoy was of course paired with one of the other brilliant students in the room. He told them what they were to do and how quickly they had to do it. "Go to page Four hundred and ninety two." in his snake like ways before going back to his desk and sitting down. "Bring it forward for inspection when you are complete."

Malfoy grinned as he sat next to one of the other girls in the room. She blushed, handed him something under the table, and then went to work, insuring him she would do all the work. It was a 'gift' for valentines day. He smirked and did his lazy bit of work, finding the right page. After that it was easy sailing.

"Ello Hermione..." Ron said as he slunk into the seat next to her and pulled out his book. "Uh...tell me what to do so I don't mess up okay? Don't want to ruin your grade..." He gave her a wonky grin as he opened to the page. "What do we need? I'll go get it."
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartshaven.rpg-board.net
Captivated
Headmistress
Captivated

Potions [Dungeons] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions [Dungeons]   Potions [Dungeons] Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 5:16 pm

Hermione sighed thankfully. As Harry left to go sit with Selena she gave him an apologetic smile. "'Ello Ron," she said, flipping to the right page. "Alright, we need... two newt tails, an ounce of bat saliva, and a two vials of skrewt venom." She gave him a friendly smile. They already had the rest of the ingredients in their kits "I'm not worried about you ruining my grade, Ron," she said in a surprisingly shy tone. When she caught his eye she quickly looked away, feeling her throat tighten just a little bit and her cheeks start to turn pink.

Harry left with a dismal sigh,and sat beside Selena toward the front of the room. "Hello," he said oddly, sitting down and giving her a small smile. The one he got in return made his insides squirm and he instantly wished he were paired with someone else... Malfoy even.

"Hello, Harry," she said in a coy tone, and she gave him a smile that could shatter any man in an instant. However she opened her book and found the ingredients list. She told him what to get while she read how to make it. "I'll do the brewing, no offense. I don't want my grade slipping, Snape likes me and I brew better than you," she told him bluntly, not really caring if she upset him or not.

Harry gave her a small nod, not really liking what she said too much, but he got up to go and get the ingredients anyway. "You're girlfriends a real peach," he said with a chuckle as he and Ron got there at the same time. Before they parted ways he said, "Glad to see you and 'Mione on decent terms again," and went back to his place.
Back to top Go down
VictorianValkyrie
Dark Lord
VictorianValkyrie

Potions [Dungeons] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions [Dungeons]   Potions [Dungeons] Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 5:21 pm

Ron looked back at Hermione slightly surprised but as she looked away he just got up and started for the cabinet. When he ran into Harry he couldn't help but look over his shoulder at Selena and smirk. "She's not the nicest girl in the world but eh, she might just not like you." he said, joking around. When Harry left Ron smiled slightly and looked back at Hermione. Yeah...better terms. He swallowed and gathered his potion ingredients before going back to the table. "I got the right stuff right...?" he asked, slightly confused. He lost tract of what he had grabbed. "Need me to do anything else?" he knew she was the better burrer and he didn't want to mess anything up, even if she said he wouldn't.
Back to top Go down
Captivated
Headmistress
Captivated

Potions [Dungeons] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions [Dungeons]   Potions [Dungeons] Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 5:49 pm

Hermione smiled a very soft smile,and let out a small sigh. She looked over what he had brought and smiled again, letting out a giggle she couldn't help. "Ron, you got an extra vial of skrewt venom." At his look she said quickly, "It's alright. We may need it later on." she knew they wouldn't need it, she'd been studying this potion for a while, but she couldn't help it. She didn't want Ron to drift away again, she hated being at odds with him. She looked around the room, but her eyes fell back to her cauldron, the water finally boiling. "Alright, you can cut up the newt tails while I measure the venom.Sound good?" she asked with another gentle smile. She only poured in about three quarters of the first vial, stirring the potion slowly, and precisely eighteen times before pouring in the rest of that vial. She reached for the newt tails and dropping them in. The potion erupted a puff of yellow smoke and she smiled, pleased. "So far, so good," she told him, glancing in his direction. "We've got to let it boil until it urns green, then add the rest of the venom. Then it should turn purple and we add the bat saliva and stir it clockwise fifteen times and counterclockwise twenty six." She told him in case he wanted to help. If not, she'd ensure they both passed.

Selena gave Harry a grin as he came back with the ingredients. "Cut the newt tails," she said in a way that wasn't gentle at all. Truthfully she didn't like Gryffindors, except Ron, and she didn't exactly like being paired with Potter. She caught Draco's eye and rolled her own, disliking her partner, and went back to her potion brewing.

Harry just gave a small sigh. Of course he would be paired with a Slytherin that wouldn't like him. Snape relished in torturing him and he knew it. He sat back down, taken aback by her words and tone, but started cutting the newt tails anyway. He just sighed as she snatched them from the table, and set his head in his hand while he looked over his book... and wished with all his might he were somewhere, anywhere, else.
Back to top Go down
VictorianValkyrie
Dark Lord
VictorianValkyrie

Potions [Dungeons] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions [Dungeons]   Potions [Dungeons] Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 6:03 pm

Malfoy saw Selena's look and laughed outright. Of course she'd get stuck with Potter. It was perfect. Hell, the only thing that would have been funnier would be Hermione with Selena, but then again he was entertained by anything right now. The girl beside him got all the ingredients, she did all the work, he just sat back and ate some chocolates.

"Oh, alright...I'll help get the other stuff ready then. Um what kind of vile do we have to turn into Snape? I wasn't listening." He gave her a wonkey grin and looked at all the different kind of viles he had on the wall. "I'll go get ours while we're waiting for it to turn green."
Back to top Go down
Captivated
Headmistress
Captivated

Potions [Dungeons] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions [Dungeons]   Potions [Dungeons] Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 6:30 pm

Hermione gave him a genuine smile. It was a pleasure to see him in good spirits and she was happy that they were getting along so well. Of course she didn't want to anger him for fear he would tell everyone just where she'd really been going lately, and as she thought about it she pinked again. She ignored it though and while her eyes went back to the potion she said gently, " You never listen," though she was still smiling. "The long skinny one all the way to the left." She gave him another quick smile. By the time he got back it was already slipping into a nice grassy green. As soon as it was Hermione dropped in the rest of the venom. It turned purple abruptly and boiled harder and she dropped in the bat saliva. "Alright, now we stir," she said more to herself than to him. She stirred slowly and precisely as she had told him. Then she held out her hand. "I need the vial, quickly before it cools." The fire had already been put out and this potion would cool within a minute. She quickly scooped the potion up and filled the vial. She corked the vial before any of the steam escaped, the potion still bubbling in the vial. "Good, it's perfect," she told him with a bright smile. It was the first time she'd really smiled like that in quite some time. Well, not counting the smiles she couldn't hold back at her secret meetings with.. well anyway. "You want to bring it up or shall I?" she asked him, closing her book with the notes she'd taken while the potion was brewing inside.

Selena glared at Draco as he laughed at her. Of course he'd find humor in something like this. She stuck her tongue out playfully at him, but continued her work. Finally, when the potion was done she scooped some into the vial she had ordered Harry to get. She held it out to him as if his touching the came object as er disgusted her. "Here, bring this up there," she said with a slight sneer. When he took it she closed her book and glanced back at Ron, who she grinned at. This was the only class they all had today, on this disgustingly fluffy day, and she was delighted to have him the rest of the day and positively couldn't wait to give her favorite boys their gifts.

Harry just did as he was instructed, rolling his eyes at her attitude. He gave Hermione a 'save me' look, but otherwise he didn't talk or anything much. He took to actually reading the chapter for the first time almost ever in this class. Simply because he didn't want to have to talk to Selena, the Gypsy bitch as he looked at it.
Back to top Go down
VictorianValkyrie
Dark Lord
VictorianValkyrie

Potions [Dungeons] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions [Dungeons]   Potions [Dungeons] Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 8:03 pm

Malfoy yawned as the girl brought up the potion. Getting up, he told her nice job, even gave her a smile, but he eventually slid away and went back to his seat in the back. Looking at everyone, he smiled coyly and finished his chocolates.

Ron helped her however he could but when she said he could take it up he shook his head. "Hell no, he hates me more than he hates you, something would be wrong with it!" Smiling, he let her go up. As she did eh saw Selena and smiled, motioning for her to come sit with him. When she did he wrapped his arm around her.

Snape looked over the potions as they came up. He graded Harry and Ron a bit lower than Selena and Hermione, if that were possible, but otherwise he gave perfect scores to those who deserved it..
Back to top Go down
Captivated
Headmistress
Captivated

Potions [Dungeons] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions [Dungeons]   Potions [Dungeons] Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 12:23 am

Hermione chuckled, "alright, alright, I'll bring it up." She walked off, her hair bouncing brightly as she brought up the vial. She went back to sit with Harry, passing Malfoy on the way. She kept staring straight ahead, but she could lie. A part of her itched to reach out and tease him. She held back quite well though, and say down with Harry.

Harry sat down after bringing his vial up, and waited for Hermione. "Did you see the way he looked at me," he grumbled quietly, putting his head in his hands. He gave her a dreary look. "'Mione, kill me," he muttered.

"Harry James Potter do not talk like that. Ever," she scolded him, but she couldn't help laughing a little. "Oh it's not that bad. Besides you'll be able to see Ginny in forty five minutes."

Selena saw Ron and smiled. She picked up her things, put them away and went back to him, sitting as close to him as one could. "'Ello there," she said coyly, giving him a grin. She sat down and relaxed, closing her eyes and letting her head tilt back, her neck extending and her shit opening just a little bit. She didn't seem to notice.
Back to top Go down
VictorianValkyrie
Dark Lord
VictorianValkyrie

Potions [Dungeons] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions [Dungeons]   Potions [Dungeons] Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 12:32 am

Ron put his arm on the back of her chair but otherwise behaved in class. Snape gave him a look but didn't do anything, which was weird. One way or another he sat there, glaring at any guy who dared look at Selena for more than a few seconds. He noticed her shirt, he always noticed it, and it just made him count the minutes.

Snape was going to yell at Weasley but he saw that Selena didn't object and though he wondered what was going on, since she usually hated Gryffindors, he left it alone. "A paper, five hundred words, on the use of Bat Venom, by the end of class." Everyone groaned and he threatened their points before he listened to the scrapping of paper.

Malfoy groaned with the rest but he pulled out parchment and enchanted his pen to write out what he wanted. Even if snape saw, he knew he wouldn't care. Malfoy could get away with killing potter in the class.
Back to top Go down
Captivated
Headmistress
Captivated

Potions [Dungeons] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions [Dungeons]   Potions [Dungeons] Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 12:43 am

Selena showed the one thing she had in common with Hermione Granger. The only thing. She started writing with a smile on as soon as Snape said that. She wrote without pause, precisely like Hermione, and seemed to have all the knowledge already in her head.

Of course Hermione was toward the middle of class, ahead of Ron and Selena but at an angle, was mirroring Selena's movements. She was sort of hunched over her paper, writing without a moments hesitation. They both even nibbled on the bottom right corner of their lips sensually in thought.

Harry groaned along with the rest of the class, leaning forward to open his book and do his best to write a report. He hated this class more than most things in the world, say for maybe Voldemort and Dementors. he just bullshitted as much as the essay as he could, counting down the time until he could see Ginny.
Back to top Go down
VictorianValkyrie
Dark Lord
VictorianValkyrie

Potions [Dungeons] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions [Dungeons]   Potions [Dungeons] Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 1:14 am

Ron wanted to die. Writing...five hundred words.....forty five minutes? Yeah he was going to die. Snape would cut off his head and have it on a post by the end of class! He tried his best, however, and knew he'd fail one way or another. Looking at Selena, he smirked and shook his head before going back to his bullshited paper.

When he, or more his quill, was done Malfoy got up and brought it over to Snape. Being one of the first done, he was released from class. Instead of leaving he just relaxed at his table and waited for the others.

Once everyone was done he got up and collected all the papers, putting them in a pile in the corner with those from his other classes. He looked over the students, watching them itch. "Dismissed." everyone was gone as quickly as possible.
Back to top Go down
Captivated
Headmistress
Captivated

Potions [Dungeons] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions [Dungeons]   Potions [Dungeons] Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 3:06 am

Hermione was done shortly after Draco. Selena was done seconds after Hermione and the two exchanged glances as they passed one another. Hermione gave her a small grin, barely noticeable, and went back sit down She caught Ron's eye and gave him a small friendly smile before sitting down. left briskly, walking with Harry to the Gryffindor common room together.

Selena was done with her report just after Hermione. She passed the girl on her way to hand in her paper as Hermione walked back to her seat. She gave Hermione a smirk and a secret wink, making the other girl blush a little a and grin discretely. Selena handed Snape her paper, smiling brightly, and sat back down beside Ron. she chuckled looking down at his paper, but she didn't get herself into trouble by helping him. When they were dismissed she left with Draco and Ron. 'you can have your gift later," she told Draco. She'd just give it to him in the common room later that night. She wanted to spend the rest of her day with Ron. "You, well I have a gift for you... or, more like a few, and I just have to go get them."

Harry finished just in time, but he swallowed hard. he knew he was barely going to pass that paper if at all. He just slumped for a second, but the only thing keeping him from running out of the door was Hermione's brisk walking pace. He walked with her to the common room, slightly excited for the rest of the day.
Back to top Go down
Captivated
Headmistress
Captivated

Potions [Dungeons] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions [Dungeons]   Potions [Dungeons] Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 11:30 pm

Cassidy Beklea, with Giles her weasel wrapped neatly around her shoulder, knocked gently on Snape's door. She had given all of the other teachers their cards and box of sweets, but he was still left. So, here she stood, with a box and a small card. The card was simple "Happy Valentine's Day" card, but the box was special. It was sitting on a small tray and was completely edible. Topping it off it wasn't just made of chocolate. There were little bits of fruit mixed in to help make the box,and in the center was a strawberry drizzled with chocolate and an edible bow. Inside the box was a simple collection of chocolate covered fruits and fruit slices. She waited for the door to open and gave him a very small smile. "Happy valentines Day, Severus. Here," she didn't even give him a chance. She simply put the things in his hand and let him do whatever with a calm face.
Back to top Go down
VictorianValkyrie
Dark Lord
VictorianValkyrie

Potions [Dungeons] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions [Dungeons]   Potions [Dungeons] Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 11:35 pm

Severus looked up when the knock came. He narrowed his eyes and went back to his work but whoever it was wouldn't leave him be and knocked again. He put his quill away and got up, walking quick paced to the back of the room and opening the door. When she gave him the objects he looked at them and nodded. "Well then, thank you. Have a good day." he tried to close the door and return back to his desk, leaving the chocolates and card on the corner, ignoring them, as he went back to grading the papers he had his sixth years write earlier that day.
Back to top Go down
Captivated
Headmistress
Captivated

Potions [Dungeons] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions [Dungeons]   Potions [Dungeons] Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 11:41 pm

"Severus, enough of this," Came her voice again. She'd come in and her arms were crossed over her chest in a huffy way. "You don't do anything remotely fun. You should come have dinner with a few of us. Have a few drinks, bloody relax for once!" By the time she was finished she was leaning slightly forward on his desk, her shirt falling open a little. She was too preoccupied and didn't notice. However, she stood straight again. She also didn't seem to notice or care that he'd tossed the gift aside, most of them had. "Learn to laugh, old man," she joked a little, wishing he'd quite being such a scrooge...
Back to top Go down
VictorianValkyrie
Dark Lord
VictorianValkyrie

Potions [Dungeons] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions [Dungeons]   Potions [Dungeons] Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 11:45 pm

Snape ignored her ranting and continued going over the essay in front of him. It was Ronald Weasley's and he noticed the boy actually seemed to know more than he normally appeared to. Something must have gotten him to pay attention for once. He didn't mark him down unfairly, like many thought he would, he gave him a fair grade. It wasn't the best, but he'd be happily surprised when he found out his markings. When she called him an old man he glanced up. "Miss Beklea you should learn to do your work rather than prancing around other people's rooms while they are trying to do theirs." he left it at that before returning to his work. She acted more like a student rather than a Professor so he treated her just that way.
Back to top Go down
Captivated
Headmistress
Captivated

Potions [Dungeons] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions [Dungeons]   Potions [Dungeons] Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 11:50 pm

She scoffed him but sighed. "Oh, you're hopeless," she said, throwing her arms at him but walking to the door swiftly. "You're the only one working today, Severus. Why not try to loosen up a little, you're more likable that way." She left the room with a sigh, heading off to have lunch by herself at the Three Broomsticks, as she always did on Valentines Day.
Back to top Go down
VictorianValkyrie
Dark Lord
VictorianValkyrie

Potions [Dungeons] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions [Dungeons]   Potions [Dungeons] Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 11:56 pm

Snape didn't give her the satisfaction of even rolling his eyes at her comment. Instead he moved on to Potter's essay after marking Weasley's. He didn't need to loosen up, he had too much to do and too much to protect and plan before the Dark Lord began his plans. His left arm tingled at the thought and he ignored it, continuing his work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Potions [Dungeons] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions [Dungeons]   Potions [Dungeons] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Potions [Dungeons]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Haven :: Harry Potter's Seventh Year :: Inside the Castle & on the Grounds [IC]-
Jump to: